Volunteers Could Face Tricky Task from Troy
Halloween weekend around college football normally means that there are a lot of teams that are in for treats, but some are in for tricks as well. The Tennessee Volunteers are hosting the Troy Trojans this week on Rocky Top, and they are 18 ½-point favorites on the college football odds in the game, but a closer look at this one shows that this could be a spooky game.
Head Coach Derek Dooley knows that he is losing his job with the Vols at the end of this year if he doesn’t turn this ship around. Losing this game might see him dismissed immediately. Tennessee has played a brutal schedule this year, but we have to remember that there is only one win against a team that is going to be anywhere near qualifying for a bowl game this year, that being the NC State Wolfpack from the very first Friday night of the season.
Troy comes to town with a 4-4 mark, but it already came close once this year to upsetting an SEC team when the Mississippi State Bulldogs only lost by six to the Trojans. The stingy stars from the Sun Belt have only lost one game this year, and the Sun Belt has an immaculate ATS record this year against the SEC as a whole. The Trojans against the SEC over the course of the 11 years? 10-5 ATS.
Keep a close eye on the pass combo of QB Corey Robinson and QB Deon Anthony. Between throwing it and running it, these two have combined this year for 2,565 yards, an average of 320.6 yards per game, and it definitely isn’t a fluke. Robinson is now a third-year starting quarterback, and he has at least 3,400 yards and at least 21 TDs in each of his first two seasons with Troy.
- The Rock: Doolander Version (loserswithsocks.com)
- Vols QB Tyler Bray needs a break from football (loserswithsocks.com)
- Jon Gruden Update (loserswithsocks.com)
- Troy vs. Tennessee: TV Schedule, Live Stream, Radio, Game Time and More (bleacherreport.com)
- Tennessee Rock Calls Coach ‘Doolander’ (lostlettermen.com)
- The rock has been updated (loserswithsocks.com)
- This photo of the rock just won’t do (loserswithsocks.com)